MATLAB Offline Installation Guide
While MATLAB Online's cloud-based platform is versatile, its limited feature implementation and dependence on a continuous internet connection can be a hindrance during heavy tasks. Follow the steps below to acquire an offline version of MATLAB you can use on your personal computer(s) without an internet connection.
In order to acquire the offline version of MATLAB, you first need to get the license. Refer to MATLAB Online Installation Guide for the instructions on how to do so.
- Go to MathWorks Homepage. If not already signed in, sign in using the same credentials for MATLAB Online.
- Once signed in, click on your name on the top right corner, and click 'My Account.'
- Under 'My Software,' you should see a license associated with your account. Click the download button on the license.
- Download the version that matches MATLAB Online's version, most likely 'R2018a.'
Image shown above is outdated - please download the latest version featured as a large download button.
- Select the installer that matches your personal computer's operating system, and download should begin.
- Once download is completed, run the installer to install the offline version of MATLAB. When it asks for a license, choose the option to enter your MathWorks Account, and use the same credentials you use for MATLAB Online.
- You will need to select which modules of MATLAB will be installed on your computer during the installation. We only need MATLAB and Symbolic Math Toolbox. You may uncheck every other optional modules.
- Once the installation is complete, run MATLAB on your personal computer to see if it works. You should be greeted with a similar MATLAB interface as the online version.